PRACTICE TRANSITION SEMINAR IN CLEVELAND
This important seminar is designed for the doctor who is contemplating a practice transition. That could be for (1) the busy doctor looking to take a partner or (2) the senior doctor thinking about retirement and selling his or her practice or (3) the younger doctor contemplating buying a practice or becoming a partner.
Most of the issues (for example, how to value a practice) will be equally relevant whether you are the potential buyer or the potential seller. We will point out the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive 8-hour course.
If you have any questions that are not addressed here, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
IF RESERVED BY AUG. 4TH
Doctor Only: $925
Doctor & Spouse: $1025
Promo Code: earlybird50
IF RESERVED AFTER AUG. 4TH
Doctor Only: $975
Doctor & Spouse: $1085
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
Often, both Dr. Seller and Dr. Buyer attend this seminar together. Because they learn what to expect throughout the transition process and how the transaction needs to be structured so it is fair to both parties.
The seminar will cover the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive course which will include such topics as:
- How to recognize the common blunder doctors make of giving away the first half of a practice when they think they are selling it to a new partner.
- From the junior partner's point of view, how to recognize when you are getting a tremendous bargain. What to look for in a future associate or partner.
- How to find a practice buyer.
- How to value a practice.
- What are the preferred legal and tax structures for various types of transitions.
- How to save taxes on the sale or purchase of a practice or when taking or becoming a partner.
- How to avoid major blunders in group practice buy-sell agreements.
- Fair compensation techniques among partners.
- Are you ready to retire?
- Continuing tax-deductible fringe benefits post-retirement.
- What happens to a corporation at retirement?
- What happens to a doctor-owned office building at retirement?
- Taking benefits out of a retirement plan.
- Avoiding the 10% penalty tax on premature distributions.
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2020
Provider ID #209852
Have a friend or colleague that you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF OUR NEWSLETTER
Talk to Collier & Associates Today