ADVANCED INVESTMENT SEMINAR IN ATLANTA, GA
This seminar will help you save taxes, retire wealthy and be better at running the business of your practice. The goals are simple - to conduct a tax-deductible seminar at a delightful site, for a modest cost, and have the doctor and spouse learn enough to more than pay for the trip. The majority of attendees are repeat attendees. Why? Because the emphasis is on easy-to-implement practical ideas on such things as aggressive (but always legal) tax ideas that too many timid accountants fail to suggest, practice building ideas, retirement plans, practice transition ideas, employee benefits, insurance, cost-cutting ideas and others.
If you have any questions that are not addressed here, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
April 17 - April 18
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
IF RESERVED BY FEB. 16TH:
Doctor Only: $1300
Doctor & Spouse: $1495
Promo Code: earlybird50
IF RESERVED AFTER FEB. 16TH
Doctor Only: $1350
Doctor & Spouse: $1545
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
This seminar will:
- Start with the investment basics that every investor needs to know, including the three simple rules for becoming wealthy; the long-term power of compound growth; why market volatility is our friend, not foe; determining the right approach to asset allocation (this is not a one size fits all rule), why “professionals” have a hard time beating the market, and what are the attributes that define a great company
- Teach short and long term stock market history, explain why the market tends to go up, and show that over longer time periods, the market is up big
- How to select great companies to invest in for the long-term (the importance of consistently rising earnings and a high “return on shareholders’ equity” (ROE).
- How to tell when the great company’s stock price is right to purchase. This is our (and Warren Buffett’s) approach to valuing businesses. Even a great company can be a lousy investment if we overpay for it.
- For those who are not interested in buying individual securities, a simple easy to follow method for diversifying through mutual funds.
- Bonds and other income investments – What makes the most sense in this low rate environment. We’ll consider Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, inflation-protected bonds, laddered portfolios, mutual funds, preferred stocks, utilities, master limited partnerships, etc.
- Why high commissioned insurance products sold as investments (annuities and cash value life insurance) should be avoided
Too many doctors experience “investment paralysis.” They are so unsure of what to do that they let too much money build-up, long term, in money funds and CDs. This seminar will help you understand that there is always uncertainty in the markets. It will help you understand how stocks and bonds work. By using a financial calculator to work examples, it will help you to understand how to value stocks and make educated predictions about how specific investments may perform. This seminar will help you to design an investment strategy that you are comfortable with (no one strategy is right for everyone!), and that should help break through investment paralysis.
REMEMBER, WE DO NOT SPONSOR OR SELL INVESTMENTS, WE TEACH YOU HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF . . . OR LEARN ENOUGH TO JUDGE WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING FOR (OR TO!) YOU.
As in the past, we will highlight guest speakers who are experts in their respective fields. This will be a “working” seminar. We will present a course workbook for greater audience participation. Please bring a financial calculator. As in the past, the recommended pocket calculator is the Hewlett-Packard 12-C financial calculator, which is readily available online or in office supply stores.
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2020
Provider ID #209852
Have a friend or colleague that you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF OUR NEWSLETTER
Talk to Collier & Associates Today