New Seminar Rewards Program: Based on the suggestions of many of our doctor clients who like to reward referring doctors, we are modifying our award policy for doctors who have attended several of our seminars.
If you have attended three seminars in the last five years we are offering a completely free seminar when bringing a brand new paying doctor attendee to the course. This can amount to over $1,000 depending on the seminar.
For doctors who haven't attended as often, our $100 gift for both the referring and new doctor when attending a seminar together still applies.
“Thank you for a great course, excellent presentation of the material and at a great location! (One of the few places today where you really get what was advertised. As always, concise and informative. Brandon takes a very complicated subject and brings it down to a level we can understand it, and consistently be able to use the information when we transitioned the practice.” Dr. Peter McDonald, Christiansburg, VA
“I don’t have a vocabulary deep enough or rich enough to express my sincere appreciation for your work with me throughout the process from evaluation to sale, your exemplary and professional advice, and for the precision of the instruments that ultimately transferred ownership of my practice to my partner without a single change requested by my partner’s advisors. In reality, I am not at all surprised. Your firm has supported my practice, my family and me for nearly 25 years and whatever success we enjoy is due in no small measure to the stellar quality of the service we have received from you and your colleagues.” Dr. Leo C. Sinna, Forest Lake, MN
“The content of this past years Newsletter was some of the best ever and very informative. Keep up the good work. The content of your Las Vegas seminar was one of the best I have ever heard” Dr. John R. Thomas, Florence, AL
“I have subscribed for many years; still consider it to be my favorite read! Thank you! Keep all topics coming.” Dr. Magnus Wilson, Ann Arbor, MI
- View List
- Business, Tax & Practice Mgmt.
- Advanced Investment
- Practice Transition
- Retired Doctors
- Young Doctors
- Tax Update
|Business, Tax & Practice Mgmt.||Seminar Description [+]|
The emphasis of the seminar is on easy-to-implement practical ideas such as:• Aggressive (but always legal) tax ideas
• Practical practice building ideas
• Investments: basics to intermediate
• Retirement plans
• Employee benefits
• Cost cutting ideas
• New tax law changes and much more
The seminar is conducted for a total of 20 hours. The seminars are approximately four hours each day for five days. We are accredited through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and you can receive 20 CEU credits from this course. The Aggressive Business mini-week seminars are 12 CEU credits.
|May 19-21, 2016||Asheville North Carolina||$955
|August 1-5, 2016||Banff Canada||$1120
|September 8-10, 2016||Bar Harbor Maine||$955
|December 28-30, 2016||Scottsdale Arizona||$955
|January 30-3, 2017||St. Thomas Virgin Islands||$1180
|Advanced Investment||Seminar Description [+]|
For years, this has been the most frequently attended seminar. This seminar is aimed at doctors who have some knowledge and background in investments. Nothing is sold or promoted -- no insurance, no mutual funds, etc. The seminar is intended to teach and is designed for those who want to make their own investment decisions or at least have a better understanding of how to judge what others are doing for (to?) them. In addition, the seminar will cover many other investment topics such as:• Higher interest alternatives to CDs and money market funds
• Valuing stocks - when to buy, when to sell
• Buying municipal and other bonds
• Stock market and bond market trends
• Investment math (including bonds, yields and pricing)
• How to reduce brokerage costs and much more
A K.I.S. (keep it simple) investment strategy. At each seminar there will be a review of an investment strategy specifically designed for the doctor who:• Wants to invest for the long term
• Wants to invest in a safe and sensible manner
• Wants to handle his or her own investments; but
• Wants a system that is each to execute, involves a minimum of paperwork and requires a minimum amount of time
Guest lecturers who are experts in their respective fields will speak at each meeting.
This is an intense 16 hour seminar. The seminar will be held eight hours each day for two days. We are accredited through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and you can receive 16 CEU credits from this course.
|Practice Transition||Seminar Description [+]|
This seminar is designed for the doctor who is contemplating a practice transition. Often, both Dr. Seller and Dr. Buyer attend this seminar together in order to learn what to expect throughout the transition process and how the transaction needs to be structured so it is fair to both parties. This could be for:• The doctor looking to take a partner
• The senior doctor thinking about retirement and selling his/her practice
• The younger doctor contemplating buying a practice or becoming a partner
• Most of the issues can be equally relevant whether you are the potential buyer or the potential seller.
The seminar will cover the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive course which will include such topics as:• How to recognize the common blunder doctors make of giving away the first half of a practice when they think they are selling it to a new partner. From the junior partner's point of view, how to recognize when you are getting a tremendous bargain.
• Are you ready to retire?
• What to look for in a future associate or partne.
• How to find a practice buyer.
• Continuing tax-deductible fringe benefits post-retirement.
• How to value a practice.
• How to save taxes on the sale or purchase of a practice or when taking or becoming a partner.
• What happens to a corporation at retirement?
• What happens to a doctor-owned office building at retirement?
• How to avoid major blunders in group practice buy-sell agreements.
• Fair compensation techniques among partners.
• Taking benefits out of a retirement plan.
The seminar is 8 hours. Depending on location, this seminar is covered in one full day or two half-days. We are accredited through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and you can receive 8 CEU credits from this course.
|April 30-1, 2016||Washington DC||$770
|October 21-22, 2016||Monterey California||$770
|December 8, 2016||Chicago Illinois||$795
|Retired Doctors||Seminar Description [+]|
This special seminar is designed for doctors in or contemplating retirement. Special focus will be given to the following topics:• Investing in Retirement - Blending income, security and growth
• Estate Planning and dealing with children and parents
• Charitable giving
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Individual Retirement Accounts:
− Structuring withdrawals before and after age 70.
− Coordinating IRAs with estate planning
− Stretching IRA income tax advantages over several generations
This seminar will be 8 hours long and will cover two half days. We are accredited through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and you can receive 8 CEU credits from this course.
|Young Doctors||Seminar Description [+]|
This seminar is designed for young doctors age 40 and under. This seminar will be focused on issues relating to doctors early in their careers. Among the issues covered will be:• Tax saving ideas
• Practice building ideas
• Does incorporating make sense?
• How to value and buy a practice.
• Advantages and disadvantages of owning your practice or becoming someone's partner.
• How to judge what kind of insurance is right and how much to buy.
• How to save and invest sanely and simply - how to start a program that will provide a debt-free and financially secure future and many other issues.
This special seminar will be 12 hours long. The seminar will be four hours each day for three days. We are accredited through the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and you can receive 12 CEU credits from this course.
|Tax Update||Seminar Description [+]|
A succinct one day intensive course outlining recent tax changes and legislative proposals that will especially affect doctors and their practices. This course includes a presentation by estate planning attorney, Missy Vaselaney: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going with Estate Planning and a basic understanding of estate planning concepts, including The 2010 Tax Act.